A surgical technologist is an allied health professional who has been specifically educated in asepsis, sterile technique, surgical procedures and intraoperative patient care. You can become an integral part of a team of medical practitioners providing surgical care to patients in a variety of settings. The surgical technologist works to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures. The program teaches you the duties of using sterile technique, handling a variety of surgical instruments and supplies, and performing functions during surgery under the supervision of the surgeon.
What Jobs Can I Get?
- Plastic Surgery
- Organ Procurement
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery
- Ophthalmic Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
How Long Will it Take?
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE
4 semesters (2 years)
Why Surg-Tech at EITC?
- Low Cost
- Great Value
- High Job Placement
- Hands-on Training at Local Hospitals
- Individualized Services
- Small Class Size
- State-of-the-Art Surgical Lab
- CAAHEP Accredited Surgical Technology Program
What Real Students Say
"This career makes every day an adventure, of hands-on learning and excitement."
"Thanks to the Surgical Technology program I am able to improve my life and the life of my family by preparing me for a new and interesting future career. Without this education, I don't know what I would be doing."
Health Professions Program Application Packets
- COMPUTER TESTING LAB — WHO we are & WHAT we offer !
- *** 2015 PN and RN Packets Under Revision
- CNA 2014 Fall Schedule
- CNA Packet
- Dental Assisting Packet
- HCA Background Check Instructions
- Medical Assistant Packet
- Medical Assistant Policy & Procedures
- Registered Nursing Packet (REVISED) Fall 2014 (drug testing & pre-entrance exam required)
- RN Drug/Alcohol Testing
- RN Pre-Entrance Exam
- Surg-Tech Packet