Eastern Idaho Technical College is grateful for the service that our current service members and veterans have made and continue to make for our country.
EITC's goal is to make the process of receiving Veteran Affairs (VA) Educational Benefits as easy as possible. VA services are provided by the EITC Certifying Officials in the Financial Aid Office located in the John E. Christofferson Building in Student Services.
Veterans may be eligible for VA educational benefits, a dependent of a veteran, a spouse of a veteran, or a reservist. EITC offers assistance in applying for VA benefits and the process. You may follow the steps below or you may come to our office for assistance.
How to Apply for VA Benefits
VA students must apply for their education benefits. Apply online at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/. EITC offers assistance for Veterans with applying for benefits.
Applying on the VA's website is preferred; however, paper applications are available. Please return all paper applications to the VA or to the VA Certifying Official at EITC.
IMPORTANT* If you are eligible for more than one educational benefit, be sure to understand all the benefits you are eligible for before changing from the Montgomery GI Bill to the Post 9/11 GI Bill. You are required to choose which benefit to receive, that decision is final and cannot be changed.
- Once you have applied for your benefits you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility. Submit the Certificate of Eligibility to the VA Certifying Official at EITC.
- The GI Bill Comparison Tool is available for veterans and provides information about college costs and benefits. This tool will help you with choosing the program that best fits your educational needs.
- Comparison chart for education benefits.
- Apply online for admission to EITC.
- Submit official transcripts from the last high school attended, transcripts from all post-secondary education and military transcripts if applicable. Complete all requirements for admission.
- Contact the VA directly for questions concerning your eligibility of benefits 1-888-442-4551.
- Note: EITC does not participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program
Helpful Information when Applying for Education Benefits:
- To apply for benefits you will be asked to provide information such as bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit purposes.
- DD 214 Form(s) or separation papers will be helpful for entering dates of your military service when applying as well as requested by the Certifying Official at EITC.
- You will also need the address of the school or training institution you wish to attend. Eastern Idaho Technical College 1600 S 25th East, Idaho Falls, ID 83404.
- Meet with your program Advisor.
- Contact the VA certifying Official.
- Register for classes.
- To receive your VA Education Benefits, you must be registered in classes and be accepted in an approved program.
- Before making changes to your class schedule be sure to speak to the Certifying Official at EITC as well as your program advisor.
- Changing or dropping classes can affect your benefits and may cause a pay back on your benefits.
- Chapter 30 students must certify enrollment every month, even if only attending for a few days of the month.
- It is important to note that students receiving VA educational benefits may also be eligible to receive financial aid and/or scholarships.
- Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.gov (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- For Scholarship information go to EITC Foundation Scholarships
Veteran Services are currently provided by Tiffany Cleverly, EITC Veteran's Certifying Official.
Financial Aid Office
John E. Christofferson
Multi-Purpose Building, Room 300
Phone: (208) 524-3000
Fax: (208) 525-7026
School Code: 0011133
- Applied Accounting Clerk
- Automotive Technology
- Business Technology
- Computer Networking
- Dental Assisting
- Diesel Technology
- Energy Systems Technology
- Legal Technologies
- Light Duty Diesel
- Machine Tool Technology
- Marketing & Management
- Office Technologies
- Practical Nursing
- Radiation Safety
- Web Development
- Welding Technology