Steps to obtain a GED® at EITC
- Study for the tests. If you are uncertain whether you have the level of skill needed to successfully complete the GED tests EITC offers preparation classes. Information about classes is available by calling 524-3000, ext. 3386.
- Complete the GED registration requirements at www.gedcomputer.com or 1-877-392-6433
- Complete the Age Waiver Form (if under 18) and return to room 350 for approval.
- Obtain the form at http://www.eitc.edu/PDFs/GEDAgeWaiverForm.pdf or in room 350.
- High school counselor or principal completes the top part.
- Student and parent sign the bottom portion.
- Schedule your test. All scheduling is done through www.gedcomputer.com or by calling 1-877-392-6433
- Payment is made during the scheduling process. Cost for all five tests is $120 ($24 per subject) and must be paid with a debit or credit card.
- Be sure to review your receipt via email with details of test time, test center address, identification requirements, etc.
- Required when arriving for testing
- A current, valid form of identification (i.e. Driver’s license, State identification, Passport or Military identification). Identification name must match registration name.
- Arrive for scheduled testing appointment
- It is recommended to check-in fifteen minutes before the starting time of the test.
- Late arrivals may not be admitted for testing, depending on the computers available at time of arrival.
- If you do not show for your testing appointment, you must reschedule with www.gedcomputer.com to test at a future date; prior payment will be forfeited.
- Hats, coats, cell phones, i-pods, purses, backpacks, wallets and other prohibited items must be stored in the designated location.
- View your test scores
- Except for the Writing Test, scores are usually available upon completion of the test.
- Writing Test scores are usually available in less than five days.
- A history of testing scores is available by logging into your account at www.gedcomputer.com.
- A final official transcript of scores will be mailed to you within a week of passing all five tests.
For additional questions about GED testing, contact the testing center at 524-3000, ext. 3438 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consumer Advisory: Please be advised that the Idaho GED® Certificate can be neither earned nor obtained via the Internet or through correspondence programs.
The Tests of General Educational Development (GED Tests)--developed by the General Educational Development Testing Service http://www.gedtestingservice.com/ged-testing-service of the American Council on Education (GED Testing Service)--require extensive preparation and the demonstration of a high level of high school knowledge and academic skills. The GED Tests are administered in Idaho only at Official GED Testing Centers under the direction of the Idaho Department of Education, Office of Adult Education. Any other high school equivalency certificate not issued by the Idaho Department of Education or another jurisdictional GED testing authority may be of dubious value and may not be accepted by employers, colleges and universities, or the military.
GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education® and may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the American Council on Education.
GED Test Schedule
To obtain a current schedule for GED paper & pencil testing, please send an email to email@example.com.
Forms / Instructions
- Computer Based 2002 GED Test Tutorial
- Registering and Scheduling GED on Computer
- GED Questions and Answers
- Age Waiver Form (16 -17 year olds)
- GED Candidates' Code
- GED Transcript Request