Welcome to Advanced Opportunities at the College of Eastern Idaho where new Journeys start every day.
Advanced Opportunities allow students to individualize their high school Journey with a jump start into their future. These options include Dual Credit, Concurrent Enrollment, Technical Competency Credit and Advanced Placement programs.
Dual credit courses allow high school students to simultaneously earn credit toward a high school diploma and a postsecondary degree or certificate. Dual credit is awarded to a student on his or her postsecondary and high school transcript for the successful completion of a single course. Postsecondary institutions work closely with high schools to deliver college courses that are identical to those offered on the college campus. Credits earned in a dual credit class become part of the student’s permanent college record. Students may enroll in dual credit courses taught at the high school or on the college campus (Concurrent Enrollment). Students must work closely with their advisor(s) to ensure the credit earned in their dual credit course will apply to their intended postsecondary degree program.
Advanced Opportunities Office
Building #3 Room 377
Office Hours: 8am-5pm, M-F
Fax (208) 525-7026
Region 6 Dual Credit Coordinator
Region 6 Transition Coordinator
- Advanced Opportunies Flyer
- Associate of Arts or Science Journey Checklist
- College Cost Comparison Chart
- Concurrent Enrollment Form
- Credit Request Form
- Dual Credit Enrollment Packet
- Dual Credit Faculty Mentor Handbook
- Dual Credit Journeys (2018-2019)
- Dual Credit Tracking Form
- Guidelines for Dual Credit Accommodations
- SkillStack & Career Atlas Lesson Plan