The Accounting program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the challenges of the accounting field. The Accounting Paraprofessional Option is designed to provide students with an expanded accounting knowledge base, advanced computer skills, and a well rounded general education. Upon completion you will be prepared to go directly to work as a paraprofessional. The Applied Accounting Clerk Option is designed to prepare you for entry-level bookkeeping positions. You will learn basic accounting, computer skills, and communication skills to enter the work force upon completion.
What Jobs Can I Get?
Historically, graduate placement in accounting positions is very high. There are many exciting accounting opportunities for you to choose:
- Work as a bookkeeper/accountant for a certified public accounting firm
- Work as a bookkeeper/accountant for a medium or large corporation in variety of industries
- Play an important, vital role as a bookkeeper or accountant in small company
- Operate your own bookkeeping service
- Keep the accounting records for your own business
How Long Will it Take?
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE (AAS)
APPLIED ACCOUNTING CLERK
INTERMEDIATE TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE (ITC)
Why Accounting at EITC?
- Low Cost
- Great Value
- High Job Placement
- Hands-on Training
- Individualized Services
- Small Class Size
- Supportive Faculty, Staff and Fellow Students
- Experienced Accountants Teach Accounting Courses
- Cutting Edge Computer Equipment and Computer Applications
What Real Students Say
"Knowing that the instructors at EITC cared about my success, my confidence increased. And because of that, I have cultivated a love for education."
Ruby Taylor, 2013 Office Technology and 2014 Accounting graduate