A surgical technologist is an allied health professional who has been specifically educated in asepsis, sterile technique, surgical procedures and intraoperative patient care. You can become an integral part of a team of medical practitioners providing surgical care to patients in a variety of settings. The surgical technologist works to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures. The program teaches you the duties of using sterile technique, handling a variety of surgical instruments and supplies, and performing functions during surgery under the supervision of the surgeon.
For more detailed information: /falcons/resources/programs/srt-admissions-handout.pdf
What Jobs Can I Get?
- Plastic Surgery
- Organ Procurement
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery
- Ophthalmic Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
How Long Will it Take?
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE
4 semesters (2 years)
Why Surg-Tech at CEI?
- 88% Pass Rate on CST exam (2016)
- Low Cost
- Great Value
- High Job Placement
- Hands-on Training at Local Hospitals
- Individualized Services
- Small Class Size
- State-of-the-Art Surgical Lab
- The Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC-STSA).
What Real Students Say
"This career makes every day an adventure, of hands-on learning and excitement."
"Thanks to the Surgical Technology program I am able to improve my life and the life of my family by preparing me for a new and interesting future career. Without this education, I don't know what I would be doing."
Admissions Counselor Health Professions
Administrative Assistant Health Professions
Health Professions Computer Testing Lab