Welcome to College of Eastern Idaho (CEI)
Transfer of Credit Policy
- CEI accepts transfer credits but does not compute grades from other colleges and universities in the CEI institutional GPA.
- Please note: Transfer credit will not be evaluated until you have applied for admission and furnished Student Services with official transcripts from the post-secondary institutions.
- Transfer credit is generally awarded for work completed at a post-secondary institution recognized as a college or university by a regional accrediting association.
- Transfer credit will not be granted for any course in which a student received less than a "C-" that is needed in their program of study.
- The Assistant Registrar and appropriate faculty will review courses for transfer prior to enrollment at CEI to determine applicability to program graduation requirements.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit documents well in advance of their anticipated enrollment date in order to facilitate the transfer review process.
- For placement purposes, prerequisite mathematics courses must have been taken within the last seven years.
The nature of the subject matter covered in technical course work is such that frequent changes in course competencies occur in order to keep pace with industry demands. Because of this, some previously completed courses may not be of value in meeting current graduation requirements. The relevancy of previously completed courses will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by appropriate faculty.
Students transferring from CEI to other post-secondary institutions must request their official transcript from CEI be forwarded to the institution of choice. Receiving institutions have the prerogative to evaluate the applicability of credits for transfer. Within Idaho, Boise State University, Idaho State University, and Lewis-Clark State College have Bachelor of Applied Science and/or Bachelor of Applied Technology programs that have been designed specifically for technical college students who have completed the Associate of Applied Science degree and wish to continue their education.
It is recommended that interested students contact the college or university that they plan to attend well in advance of completing the AAS to obtain specific information regarding transfer of credit and graduation requirements.
- 2013-2014 Catalog
Office of the Registrar
Rae Lynn Patterson
(800) 662-0261 ext. 5361
(800) 662-0261 ext. 5476
(800) 662-0261 ext. 5362
Secure Fax (208) 525-7026