Privacy of Student records
Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their educational records of student records and information other than directory information. Release of non-directory information can only be accomplished when the student submits a signed written release.
These rights are*:
- The right to inspect and review the student's education records within 45 days of the day the College receives a request for access.
- The right to request the amendment of the student's education records that the student believes is misleading.
- The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
- The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the College to comply with the requirements of FERPA.
FERPA Amended Regulations:
- The amended regulations regarding directory information took effect January 3, 2012
- Student ID numbers as directory information.
- The regulations reiterate a prior regulation that an educational agency or institutions, subject to restrictions, may designate as disclosable directory information a student ID number or other unique personal identifier (other than a student's social security number) displayed on a student ID card or badge.
*Refer to the catalog for more information.
The complete Federal FERPA document is available at:
*For Federal FERPA information on Postsecondary Institutions please refer to page 55-58 of the link above.
Office of the Registrar
Rae Lynn Patterson
(800) 662-0261 ext. 5361
(800) 662-0261 ext. 5476
Secure Fax (208) 525-7026
- Application for Admission
- Application for Graduation
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Formal Grade Appeal
- Formal Grade Appeal Instructions
- GED Age Waiver
- GED Transcript Request
- High School Transcript Request
- Idaho Residency Determination Worksheet
- Idaho Residency Information
- Module Drop - Attend
- Non-Release of Information
- Register to Vote
- Schedule Worksheet
- Semester Course Planning Guide
- Tech Prep Credit Request
- Total Withdrawal
- Transcript Ordering (Online)
- Web Registration Guide