About Tech Prep
What is Tech Prep?
- Tech Prep enables students to earn college credits at NO cost or LOW cost while they are still in high school.
- Tech Prep is a national and state effort which emphasizes collaboration between high schools and Idaho technical colleges.
- Instructors at both institutions work together to design a seamless education system in which students can move from high school to college without having to repeat courses.
- Tech prep prepares students for careers in high skill, high wage, or high demand occupations in current or emerging professions.
Tech Prep Benefits for High School Students
- Earn college credit in high school
- Potential to save on college costs by earning free or low cost credits in high school
- Eliminate duplication of courses
- Jump-start college education, may shorten time needed to complete college
Who is Eligible for Credit
The student must enroll in a high school class that qualifies for college technical credits as identified in an articulation agreement. To be eligible for college credit, the student must:
- Be a Junior or Senior in high school
- Complete their personal profile in CATEMA
- Enroll is the postsecondary class through CATEMA
- Receive an A or B in the class
Tech Prep Programs and Areas of Study
- Accounting Technologies
- Automotive & Diesel Technologies
- Automotive Collision Repair & Refinishing
- Business Technologies
- Building Construction Technology
- Cabinetmaking Technology
- Certificated Nursing Assistant
- Childhood Development
- Computer Aided Design Drafting
- Computer Networking Technologies
- Culinary Arts Technology
- Graphic Design
- Health Professions
- Horse Management
- Information Technology
- Legal Technologies
- Machining Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Office Technologies
- Practical Nursing
- Surgical Technology
- Web Development Technologies
- Welding Technology