Adopted from Boise State University's Writing and Math Center, below are policies which you, the student, should be aware of before your first visit. If you have any questions, please call 524-3000 x3490
Writing Tutoring Policies
- The Writing Center is open to any member of the EITC community, and our tutors will help you with you at any stage of the writing process - from brainstorming ideas to polishing final drafts. We are an active learning center, which means that our tutors work with you, not for you. We will ask questions to prompt your thinking, and offer suggestions about what can be done in certain writing situations, but you will make the final decisions on your writing.
- You may schedule an appointment or drop in for assistance at any time the Center is open. If you do make an appointment, please be on time.
- If the piece of writing you are working on is for a class, you should bring a copy of the relevant assignment with you. If there is no written assignment sheet, please bring in a copy of the class syllabus. It is also helpful for tutors to know of any previous comments given by the teacher for whom you are writing.
- We do not proofread papers; although we are happy to identify errors and learn how to correct them. You cannot drop off a paper and have the tutors edit it. Also, we do not evaluate papers, or offer any suggestions as to what grade the paper may receive.
Math Tutoring Policies
- The tutors will not offer help on any take home tests or exams.
- When seeking help on a specific problem, remember to bring your math textbook with you. This helps the tutors put the problem into the correct context of the assigned chapter material.
Room 135, Sessions Bldg. #1